Control your water usage in a smart and cool way!
Water is a precious resource
Despite campaigns, the message to conserve falls between the cracks. To get in the habit, the message needs to be on site, like when mom told you to turn off the tap while brushing your teeth! Having a clear idea of how much water you are wasting when taking a bath, doing the dishes, or watering the lawn is vital. Conserving is such a powerful habit, but knowing how to start can be the problem! Driblet is an easy way to get started. Save water and money!
Condos and Apartments
The common complaint of tenants is that water bills are split in equal parts, even though each has a different consumption level. This may cause problems between neighbors, or even lead to lease cancels. The fair way to manage this situation is to charge for what is spent. Having a good relationship with tenants is very important for the continuity of the contracts or good reviews of your properties.
Managers of student housing need a clear picture of the expenses they have in order to manage their collection. Having proof of the consumption makes it easier to charge each individual for what he or she consumed. Having the information in real-time can let students make smart choices over consumption and lower bills.
Non-profit organizations, or farmers with the need to monitor a well, know that it’s a burden to be going out there for readings, to detect leaks, or knowing if any kind of illicit activity is going on their property. Driblet is your feet on the ground!
Information is power. To have a real impact in water management innovation, there needs to be control of the water consumption variables at stake in order to manage them efficiently. Big Data empowers decision makers for smarter, more realistic budgets. In the past, this efforts have been costly. Nowadays, new technologies, such as the internet of things, have made this task easier and more cost-effective for urban planners.
Our Mobile App Features
- Available for iOS, Android and Web.
- Connect via WiFi in real-time
- Get water consumption and temperature data
- Calculate and forecast savings
- Set Goals and Alarms (visual or audio)
- Get advise from the Driblet Assistant.
- Invite, share and compete with your friends – who can save the most?
- Configure volume units, currency, date and time
- Data available via API
The Driblet Story: Help Us Make the Dream Possible
In 1998, fresh out of college and working for an electronics company, our CEO Rodolfo created an out-of-the-house smart water meter for one of Mexico's biggest water meter distributors. The product didn't see the light due to federal regulations and lengthy litigations.
Fifteen years later, now being a Dad of three kids, the idea came back to him when he had to strive every morning knocking on the bathroom's door due to his kids’ long showers. This made him think that there should be an easier way for everyone. Present technologies have made much easier to create connected hardware devices, and riding the Internet of Things wave, Driblet was born.
The first tests proved the theory! His kids were so engaged in the competition and wanted to see their numbers go down that their habits started to change. Peace came back to his home and as a bonus, the water and gas bills went down.
Today, we benefit from the internet of things using new components, strategies, and new IP to create a prototype that won the Angelhack’s Spring 2013 Edition in Monterrey, Mexico.
Driblet at AngelHack’s Demo Day (September 2013):
We need your support!
Driblet is under constant improvement! We have already put together a working prototype that successfully reports to the dashboard. However, tooling and production costs are high and we need your support to make Driblet more affordable, and a mass product reality. The more places we can reach, the more water together, as a society, we can save.
With Driblet, the decision to start saving is in your hands, and we need your help to make it a life changing reality that will fulfill your expectations.
You can support us in 2 ways:
- By sharing this page with people who worry about their household income and about the impact their water usage habits have in the world.
- Back this project and become one of the first to have this innovative water meter device.
- Encourages sustainability in our way of life.
- Creates saving habits in future generations.
- Helps household economy.
- Helps landlords manage water bills
- Helps monitor remote water pipes
- Accessibility of water to areas that need it the most as we work in partnership with multinational water conservation NGO’s, private companies, and governments
- Adoption of our innovative technology in water conservation programs
Make every Driblet count!
Driblet, A World Class Product
It's a beautifully designed small sensor device - the Nest of the Water Meter Sensors
- Easy to install; plugs into any ½ “ pipe or, using the right fitting, to any ⅜” or ¾” pipe
- Recommended for showers, water taps, and backyard, or main water supply
- Connects to Internet via Wi-Fi
- Its patent-pending innovative technology: Driblet is self-sustained by the running water power so you don't need to worry about charging or replacing a battery.
- The data is transmitted via WiFi to the Cloud, so the user can review it on a web or mobile device in real-time.
- The visual or audio alarms emitted by the sensor can be configured accordingly to the user's settings or Driblet's suggestions.
- The data generated can be shared in a social way where you can share your achievements with your friends, neighbors
How do you set Driblet up?
1. Get your Driblet device out of the box.
2. Download our soon to be published mobile application (iOS & Android)
3. Configure it to access your Wi-Fi network.
4. Follow the In-App instructions
5. Plug Driblet into a water pipe in your home
Voila! You are ready to control your water usage in a smart and cool way!